Order: In the Matter of Paul Camillo Dinardo
IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF
PAUL CAMILLO DINARDO
- on August 20, 2015, the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) issued a Notice of Hearing pursuant to sections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as amended (the “Act”) in respect of Paul Camillo DiNardo (“DiNardo”);
- on August 17, 2015, Staff of the Commission (“Staff”) filed a Statement of Allegations in respect of this proceeding;
- on September 9, 2015, Staff appeared before the Commission and made submissions, and filed an affidavit of service sworn by Kenneth J. Hall, Process Server, on August 21, 2015, indicating steps taken to serve DiNardo with the Notice of Hearing, Statement of Allegations and Staff’s disclosure materials;
- on September 9, 2015, DiNardo did not appear or make submissions, although properly served;
- on September 9, 2015, the Commission considered an application brought by Staff to continue the proceeding by way of a written hearing, in accordance with Rule 11.5 of the Commission’s Rules of Procedure (2014), 37 OSCB 4168, and subsection 5.1(1) of the Statutory Power Procedures Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.22, as amended;
- the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
- Staff’s application to proceed by way of written hearing is granted;
- Staff’s materials shall be served and filed no later than September 21, 2015;
- DiNardo’s responding materials, if any, shall be served and filed no later than October 19, 2015; and
- if applicable, Staff’s reply materials, if any, shall be served and filed no later than November 2, 2015.
DATED at Toronto this 9th day of September, 2015.
"Timothy Moseley "