Order: In the Matter of First Global Data Ltd. et al.
IN THE MATTER OF
FIRST GLOBAL DATA LTD., GLOBAL BIOENERGY RESOURCES INC.,
NAYEEM ALLI, MAURICE AZIZ, HARISH BAJAJ, and ANDRE ITWARU
Timothy Moseley, Vice-Chair and Chair of the Panel
File No. 2019-22
September 8, 2020
(Section 152 of the Securities Act)
WHEREAS the Ontario Securities Commission held a hearing in writing to consider a request of Staff of the Commission (Staff) for an order pursuant to section 152 of the Securities Act, RSO 1990, c S.5 (the Act);
ON READING Staff’s Motion Record and on considering that no party opposes the relief sought;
IT IS ORDERED THAT Staff may apply, on behalf of the Commission, to the Ontario Superior Court of Justice pursuant to section 152 of the Actfor an Order:
- appointing the members of the panel assigned to the merits hearing in this proceeding (the Hearing Panel) to take the evidence of Adriana Rios Garcia, an individual who resides in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida, for use in the merits hearing before the Commission;
- providing for the issuance of a letter of request directed to the judicial authorities of the State of Florida requesting the issuing of such process as is necessary to compel Adriana Rios Garcia to attend and give testimony before the Hearing Panel by video link and audio link, on oath or otherwise, in the merits hearing before the Commission;
- providing that the testimony of Adriana Rios Garcia shall be taken at the office of Kahn & Resnik P.L., located at the DCOTA Office Center, 1815 Griffin Road, Suite 207, Dania, Florida 33004, or at such other location in Florida as Staff may advise upon reasonable notice, so that the Hearing Panel, sitting in Toronto, is able to observe and participate by video link and audio link and make any required evidentiary rulings;
- providing that Adriana Rios Garcia shall give her testimony during the merits hearing before the Commission, commencing on October 5, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time or on such other dates and times thereafter as Staff may advise upon reasonable notice;
- prescribing that the procedural and evidentiary rules of Ontario will apply to the examination of Adriana Rios Garcia to the extent permissible by the laws of Florida; and
- providing for the payment by the Commission of the greater of any witness fees and travel expenses as may be required by the laws of Ontario and by the laws of Florida.
" Timothy Moseley "