Notice of Hearing: In the Matter of Normand Gauthier et al.
IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5 AS AMENDED
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF NORMAND GAUTHIER,
GENTREE ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.,
R.E.A.L. GROUP FUND III (CANADA) LP, and
CANPRO INCOME FUND I, LP
NOTICE OF HEARING
(Sections 127(1) and 127.1)
TAKE NOTICE that the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) will hold a hearing pursuant to sections 127 and 127.1 of the Securities Act, R.S.O., 1990 c. S.5, as amended (the “Act”) at its offices at 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, commencing on April 27, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. or as soon thereafter as the hearing can be held:
TO CONSIDER whether, in the Commission’s opinion, it is in the public interest for the Commission to make the following orders against Normand Gauthier (“Gauthier”), Gentree Asset Management Inc. (“Gentree”), R.E.A.L. Group Fund III (Canada) LP (“RIII”) and CanPro Income Fund I, LP (“CanPro”) (collectively the “Respondents”):
- that the registration of Gauthier and Gentree be suspended or terminated, pursuant to paragraph 1 of section 127(1) of the Act;
- that trading in any securities by the Respondents cease permanently or for such period as is specified by the Commission, pursuant to paragraph 2 of section 127(1) of the Act;
- that acquisition of any securities by the Respondents is prohibited permanently or for such other period as is specified by the Commission, pursuant to paragraph 2.1 of section 127(1) of the Act;
- that any exemptions contained in Ontario securities law do not apply to the Respondents permanently or for such period as is specified by the Commission, pursuant to paragraph 3 of section 127(1) of the Act;
- that the Respondents be reprimanded, pursuant to paragraph 6 of section 127(1) of the Act;
- that Gauthier resign one or more positions that he holds as a director or officer of any issuer, registrant or investment fund manager, pursuant to paragraphs 7, 8.1 and 8.3 of section 127(1) of the Act;
- that Gauthier be prohibited from becoming or acting as a director or officer of any issuer, registrant or investment fund manager, pursuant to paragraphs 8, 8.2 and 8.4 of section 127(1) of the Act;
- the Respondents be prohibited from becoming or acting as a registrant, as an investment fund manager or as a promoter, pursuant to paragraph 8.5 of section 127(1) of the Act;
- that each Respondent pay an administrative penalty of not more than $1 million for each failure by that Respondent to comply with Ontario securities law, pursuant to paragraph 9 of section 127(1) of the Act;
- that each of the Respondents disgorge to the Commission any amounts obtained as a result of non-compliance by that Respondent with Ontario securities law, pursuant to paragraph 10 of section 127(1) of the Act;
- the Respondents be ordered to pay the costs of the Commission investigation and the hearing, pursuant to section 127.1 of the Act; and
- such other order as the Commission may deem appropriate.
BY REASON OF the allegations set out in the Statement of Allegations of Staff of the Commission dated March 27, 2012 and such further allegations as counsel may advise and the Commission may permit;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that any party to the proceeding may be represented by counsel at the hearing;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that upon the failure of any party to attend at the time and place stated above, the hearing may proceed in the party’s absence and that party is not entitled to any further notice in the proceeding.
DATED at Toronto this 27th day of March, 2012.
Secretary to the Commission