Scheduled outage: OSC web filing portal Sept. 22, 2023 from 6:30 pm to 1:30 am (EST) on Sept. 23, 2023
OSC Roundtable: Strengthening diversity in our capital markets
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) hosted ‘OSC Roundtable: Strengthening diversity in our capital markets’ on Thursday, September 14, as part of its ongoing commitment to enhancing diversity, beyond gender.
Transcript to follow.
The OSC convened an expert panel to discuss the Canadian Securities Administrators’ (CSA) diversity consultation and to explore approaches to broader diversity, investor and issuer perspectives on disclosure, alignment with local and international market developments and more. The roundtable panellists included:
- Melanie Adams, VP & Head, Responsible Investment, RBC Global Asset Management
- Joseph Bastien, Associate Director, Inclusive Economy, SHARE
- Jean-Paul Bureaud, Executive Director, FAIR Canada
- Roger Casgrain, Executive Vice President, Casgrain & Company Limited
- Gigi Dawe, VP Policy and Research, Institute of Corporate Directors
- Peter Dey, Chairman, Paradigm Capital
- Nils F. Engelstad, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Alamos Gold Inc.
- Rhonda Goldberg, Executive Vice-President and General Counsel, IGM Financial Inc.
- Kelly Gorman, Executive Vice President, Governance Advisory, Kingsdale Advisors
- Michela Gregory, Director, Responsible Investing and ESG Services, NEI Investments
- Michael Holder, Managing Partner, North Star Legal Professional Corporation and Managing Director, North Star Consultants Inc.
- Geordie Hungerford, CEO, First Nations Financial Management Board
- Sarah Kaplan, Distinguished Professor, Founding Director, Institute for Gender and the Economy, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
The panel was moderated by Grant Vingoe, CEO, Ontario Securities Commission and Naizam Kanji, General Counsel, Ontario Securities Commission.
|8:30 am||Registration and continental breakfast|
|9:05 am||Introduction to panellists |
Jo-Anne Matear, Special Advisor to the Executive on Sustainable Finance, OSC
Panel discussion (continued)
|10:55 am||Final remarks from panellists|
|11:10 am||Questions from the audience|
|11:25 am||Closing remarks |
Grant Vingoe, Chief Executive Officer, OSC