OSC Virtual Roundtable: Rethinking Diversity in Capital Markets
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) will host a virtual roundtable on Wednesday, October 13 from 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. ET to discuss broader diversity (beyond gender) on boards and in executive officer positions, with a specific focus on targets, term limits and diversity data.
The OSC has convened an expert panel to explore the benefits, challenges and experiences associated with the consideration of broader diversity, as well as evolving corporate governance practices and disclosure needs of Canadian investors. The roundtable panellists are:
- Rahul Bhardwaj, ICD.D, President and CEO, Institute of Corporate Directors
- Wes Hall, ICD.D, Executive Chairman and Founder at Kingsdale Advisors, The BlackNorth Initiative, Dragon on CBC's Dragons' Den
- Sarah Kaplan, Distinguished Professor and Director, Institute for Gender and the Economy, U of T’s Rotman School of Management
- Catherine McCall, Executive Director, Canadian Coalition for Good Governance
- Rima Ramchandani, Partner and Co-Head of Capital Markets Group, Torys LLP
- Paul Schneider, Head of Corporate Governance, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Grant Vingoe, Chair and CEO, Ontario Securities Commission
The panel will be moderated by Wendy Berman, Vice-Chair, Ontario Securities Commission.
Attendees will have an opportunity to direct questions to the panel.
The roundtable is open to the public; register and receive a link to watch the webinar live on October 13 from 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. ET. For those unable to watch the live webinar, a transcript and link to watch the video-recording will be available after the event on the OSC website.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Introduction to Panellists and Panel discussion
Moderator: Wendy Berman
|11:10 am||Questions from the audience|