OSC Virtual Roundtable: Rethinking Diversity in Capital Markets
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) hosted a virtual roundtable on Wednesday, October 13 from 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. ET to discuss broader diversity (beyond gender) on boards and in executive officer positions, with a specific focus on targets, term limits and diversity data.
The OSC convened an expert panel to explore the benefits, challenges and experiences associated with the consideration of broader diversity, as well as evolving corporate governance practices and disclosure needs of Canadian investors. The roundtable panellists included:
- Rahul Bhardwaj, ICD.D, President and CEO, Institute of Corporate Directors
- Wes Hall, ICD.D, Executive Chairman and Founder at Kingsdale Advisors, The BlackNorth Initiative, Dragon on CBC's Dragons' Den
- Geordie Hungerford, CEO, First Nations Financial Management Board
- Sarah Kaplan, Distinguished Professor and Director, Institute for Gender and the Economy, U of T’s Rotman School of Management
- Catherine McCall, ICD.D, Executive Director, Canadian Coalition for Good Governance
- Rima Ramchandani, Partner and Co-Head of Capital Markets Group, Torys LLP
- Paul Schneider, ICD.D,Head of Corporate Governance, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Grant Vingoe, Chair and CEO, Ontario Securities Commission
The panel was moderated by Wendy Berman, Vice-Chair, Ontario Securities Commission.
Attendees had an opportunity to direct questions to the panel.
Introduction to panellists and panel discussion
|11:10 am||Questions from the audience|