OSC announces Market Structure Advisory Committee members
For Immediate Release OSC
TORONTO – The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) announced today the membership of the Market Structure Advisory Committee (MSAC) for the 2023–2025 term.
Established in 2011, the MSAC serves as a forum to discuss issues associated with market structure and marketplace operations. The MSAC also acts as a source of input and feedback for OSC staff to help facilitate the development of policy and rule-making initiatives that promote investor protection, fair and efficient capital markets, and confidence in those markets.
The MSAC is chaired by Susan Greenglass, Director of the Market Regulation Branch at the OSC and will meet quarterly, with members serving up to two consecutive two-year terms.
Effective October 20, 2023, the MSAC members are:
- Andreas Park, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Bryan Blake, MATCHNow
- Cindy Petlock, Tradelogiq Markets Inc.
- Craig Hurl, Independent
- David Lauer, Urvin Finance
- Doug Clark, TMX Group
- Irina Issakova, TD Asset Management Inc.
- John Christofilos, AGF Investments Inc.
- Laflèche Montreuil, Desjardins Securities
- Mike Barclay, Morgan Stanley Canada
- Patrick McEntyre, National Bank Financial Inc.
- Randee Pavalow, Independent
- Tracey Stern, Canadian Securities Exchange
The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices, to foster fair, efficient and competitive capital markets and confidence in the capital markets, to foster capital formation, and to contribute to the stability of the financial system and the reduction of systemic risk. Investors are urged to check the registration of any persons or company offering an investment opportunity and to review the OSC investor materials available at https://www.osc.ca.
– 30 –