OSC announces roundtable on broader diversity in capital markets
For Immediate Release OSC
TORONTO – The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) will host a virtual roundtable on Wednesday, October 13 from 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. ET to discuss broader diversity (beyond gender) on boards and in executive officer positions, with a specific focus on targets, term limits and diversity data.
The OSC has convened an expert panel to explore the benefits, challenges and experiences associated with the consideration of broader diversity, as well as evolving corporate governance practices and disclosure needs of Canadian investors. The roundtable panellists are:
- Rahul Bhardwaj, ICD.D, President and CEO, Institute of Corporate Directors
- Wes Hall, ICD.D, Executive Chairman and Founder at Kingsdale Advisors, The BlackNorth Initiative, Dragon on CBC's Dragons' Den
- Sarah Kaplan, Distinguished Professor and Director, Institute for Gender and the Economy, U of T’s Rotman School of Management
- Catherine McCall, Executive Director, Canadian Coalition for Good Governance
- Rima Ramchandani, Partner and Co-Head of Capital Markets Group, Torys LLP
- Paul Schneider, Head of Corporate Governance, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Grant Vingoe, Chair and CEO, Ontario Securities Commission
The panel will be moderated by Wendy Berman, Vice-Chair, Ontario Securities Commission.
Attendees will have an opportunity to direct questions to the panel.
To register, please visit the OSC’s website. An agenda can also be found on the OSC’s website.
The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices, to foster fair, efficient and competitive capital markets and confidence in the capital markets, to foster capital formation, and to contribute to the stability of the financial system and the reduction of systemic risk. Investors are urged to check the registration of any persons or company offering an investment opportunity and to review the OSC investor materials available at http://www.osc.ca.
– 30 –
For Media Inquiries:
For Investor and Industry Inquiries:
1-877-785-1555 (Toll Free)