Greenfields Petroleum Corporation
National Policy 11-206 Process for Cease to be a Reporting Issuer Applications -- Application for an order that the issuer is not a reporting issuer under applicable securities laws -- issuer's circumstances meet the simplified procedure except for filing defaults -- Requested relief granted.
National Policy 11-206 Process for Cease to be a Reporting Issuer Applications -- issuer deemed to be no longer a reporting issuer under securities legislation -- issuer's circumstances meet the simplified procedure except for filing defaults.
Applicable Legislative Provisions
Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as am., s. 1(10)(a)(ii).
Securities Act (Alberta), s. 153.
Citation:Re Greenfields Petroleum Corporation, 2021 ABASC 82
May 27, 2021
IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES LEGISLATION OF ALBERTA AND ONTARIO (the Jurisdictions) AND IN THE MATTER OF THE PROCESS FOR CEASE TO BE A REPORTING ISSUER APPLICATIONS AND IN THE MATTER OF GREENFIELDS PETROLEUM CORPORATION (the Filer)
The securities regulatory authority or regulator in each of the Jurisdictions (each a Decision Maker) has received an application from the Filer for an order under the securities legislation of the Jurisdictions (the Legislation) that the Filer has ceased to be a reporting issuer in all jurisdictions of Canada in which it is a reporting issuer (the Order Sought).
Under the Process for Cease to be a Reporting Issuer Applications (for a dual application):
(a) the Alberta Securities Commission is the principal regulator for this application;
(b) the Filer has provided notice that subsection 4C.5(1) of Multilateral Instrument 11-102 Passport System (MI 11-102) is intended to be relied upon in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador; and
(c) the decision is the decision of the principal regulator and evidences the decision of the securities regulatory authority or regulator in Ontario.
Terms defined in National Instrument 14-101 Definitions, and MI 11-102 have the same meaning if used in this order, unless otherwise defined.
This order is based on the following facts represented by the Filer:
1. The Filer is not an OTC reporting issuer under Multilateral Instrument 51-105 Issuers Quoted in the U.S. Over-the-Counter Markets.
2. The outstanding securities of the Filer, including debt securities, are beneficially owned, directly or indirectly, by fewer than 15 securityholders in each of the jurisdictions of Canada and fewer than 51 securityholders in total worldwide.
3. No securities of the Filer, including debt securities, are traded in Canada or another country on a marketplace as defined in National Instrument 21-101 Marketplace Operation or any other facility for bringing together buyers and sellers of securities where trading data is publicly reported.
4. The Filer is applying for an order that the Filer has ceased to be a reporting issuer in all of the jurisdictions of Canada in which it is a reporting issuer.
5. The Filer is not in default of securities legislation in any jurisdiction, except for
(a) the failure to file its interim unaudited financial statements, interim management's discussion and analysis and related certifications for the interim periods ended 30 June 2020 and 30 September 2020, and
(b) the failure to file its annual audited financial statements, annual management's discussion and analysis and related certifications for the year ended 31 December 2020.
Each of the Decision Makers is satisfied that the order meets the test set out in the Legislation for the Decision Maker to make the order.
The decision of the Decision Makers under the Legislation is that the Order Sought is granted.