Syndicated Mortgage Amendments
Beginning July 1, 2021, firms that distribute syndicated mortgages to investors in Ontario may have to register as dealers under Ontario securities legislation or distribute their syndicated mortgages through registered dealers in order to operate their business. This seminar will provide an overview of:
- The amendments to Ontario securities legislation regarding syndicated mortgages, including National Instrument 31-103 Registration Requirements, Exemptions and Ongoing Registrant Obligations, National Instrument 45-106 Prospectus Exemptions and OSC Rule 45-501 Ontario Prospectus and Registration Exemptions.
- The registration process and key compliance requirements for firms that intend to trade in syndicated mortgages after the amendments come into force.
The seminar will also address the impact of these amendments on dealers and certain frequently asked questions.
Who Should Attend:
Ultimate designated persons, chief compliance officers, dealing representatives, and individuals involved in trading syndicated mortgages.
- Enhanced understanding of the syndicated mortgage amendments.
- Understand the registration process and the role of the NRD system.
- Information to help exempt market dealers comply with their legal requirements.