OSC Capital Markets Participation Fees (Registrant firms in Ontario)
Delivered by e-mail
November 4, 2016
This e-mail is being sent to firms relying on an exemption from registration in Ontario (including the firms’ agents for service contacts).
The following 2016 participation fee calculation is now updated and available on the OSC’s website:
- Form 13-502F4 Capital Markets Participation Fee Calculation
Please note the following important dates for all firms:
- December 01 – Deadline to file the annual participation fee calculation
- December 31 – Deadline to pay the annual participation fees
Late fees will apply for forms and participation fees submitted after the due dates.
- All firms must use revenues from their financial year ending in 2016 to calculate their 2016 participation fees. This may require some firms with late financial year ends to estimate revenues when completing their participation fee calculation.
- Where fees relating to capital markets activities in Ontario are encompassed in an overall management/advisory/administration fee (which may also encompass non-registrable activities such as insurance), staff will consider an estimate as to the proportion of the fees attributable to registrable activities in Ontario, provided it is reasonable.
For further information, please use the following references:
1. OSC Rule 13-502 Fees
2. Participation Fees Calculation webinar and presentation slide deck
3. Link to access the participation fee calculations (Form 13-502F4 and Form 13-502F5)
4. Link to OSC’s Registrant Search to identify the firm’s National Registration Database (NRD) number
If you have any questions, please contact us by calling 1-877-785-1555 or 416-593-8314 or e-mailing[email protected].