IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF THE REGISTRATION OF
- At all material times, Pierre Prieur (“Prieur”) was registered under the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as amended (the “Act”) as a mutual fund dealing representative. Prieur’s registration was sponsored by National Bank Investments Inc.
- Prieur resides in Québec, and his principal regulator was the Autorité des marches financiers.
- On September 28, 2017, the Chambres de la sécurité financière ordered that Prieur’s registration under the securities laws of Québec be suspended for two months, effective October 31, 2017, following his admission that he forged a client’s signature on two discretionary management agreements.
- On November 3, 2017, staff of the Ontario Securities Commission (“Staff”) sent a letter to Prieur (the “Letter”) informing him that they were recommending to the Director that his registration under the Act be suspended pursuant to section 28 of that statute on the grounds that it would be objectionable for him to be registered in Ontario during such time as his registration in Quebec was suspended. The Letter also informed Prieur of his right to request an opportunity to be heard under section 31 of the Act if he wished to oppose Staff’s recommendation that his registration be suspended.
- Prieur has provided written confirmation to Staff that he consents to a suspension of his registration, and accordingly his registration was suspended pursuant to section 28 of the Act, effective November 6, 2017.