Regulatory Framework and Resources to Enhance Protection of Older and Vulnerable Clients
This seminar will provide an overview of the recently published amendments to National Instrument 31-103 Registration Requirements, Exemptions and Ongoing Registrant Obligations (NI 31-103) that will enhance the protection of older and vulnerable clients by providing registrants with tools and guidance to address issues of financial exploitation and diminished mental capacity facing their clients. The seminar will also highlight findings from OSC Staff Notice 11-790 Protecting Aging Investors through Behavioural Insights, and other resources the OSC’s Investor Office is working on to support registrants in implementing the amendments.
Who should attend:
• Registered individuals, including advising/dealing representatives, ultimate designated persons and chief compliance officers
• Other compliance officers and compliance consultants
• Internal or external legal counsel of registrants.
• Enhanced understanding of the recent amendments to NI 31-103 to enhance protection of older and vulnerable clients.
• Learn about behavioural science techniques that registrants can implement to increase the likelihood of clients providing trusted contact person information.
• Learn about other resources OSC staff are working on to support registrants and their clients relating to these amendments.